The 5 reasons you need to go out on a date with your husband or wife at least once a week
It can seem like there is never enough time for anything these days, but if you don’t make time for a romantic date with your significant other at least once a week you’re headed for trouble. Here are the reasons you should commit to a weekly date-night.
- You both need to get out of the normal routine. People get burned out on their jobs because they deal with the same old stuff all the time and the job no longer supports their personal growth—they stagnate. A relationship is the same way. If you stick to the same old, dull routine (#throwback) day in and day out you will start to feel the love between you dim. Worse, you will begin to associate your loved one with the common and mundane. On the other hand, if you and your significant other frequently explore new restaurants, new movies, new parks or whatever you are both mutually interested in then you will see your love grow stronger and your admiration for the other person grow with it.
- You’re partner will be sexier. When you go out of course you’re going to dress a little nicer than usual. It may not seem like much, but that simple step up—tucking in your shirt or putting on those sparkling earrings—can change the entire dynamic of attractiveness. But there’s more to it than just getting dressed up. Part of attraction is about social status and going out where other people are at increases our attraction to our partner. Not only that, but the stimulus of a crowd—whether its a restaurant, a park, or even just a city street—will work to increase your awareness of your partner.
- You need a chance to goof off. Everything in life is so serious and sometimes that means that simple conversation between you and your bae can become stressful disagreements. You need to go somewhere and do something that doesn’t matter for a change, that way you can each express your own opinions and those opinions don’t have to agree—you can just go with the flow and have fun!
- You really do miss those romantic days when you first met—and so do they. There is nothing quite like the awkward but exhilarating experience of a blossoming romantic relationship where you are still exploring the petals and the thorns. Don’t worry—those days are not over. There is plenty more for you and your loved one to explore and learn about each other. All you have to do is make the time for it to happen.
- Last but not least—You want to be the highlight of your partner’s week and vice-versa. Life can be difficult at times and sometimes it can seem that there are pressures from all around us—even from our significant other. If for no other reason, you need to commit to a weekly date night so that you can ensure that each of you are taking time to heal and nurture one another. People fall in love—and stay in love—with the person that makes them feel supported, protected, happy, and important.
Every Thursday is Adult Date Night in Gaston County. Where are you going to go?